The MedVent uniform is a visible recognition of an individual who is an active member of our program, and takes the time to learn and grow their first aid skills regularly. As such members must always wear the uniform with pride, and take care to always look and act professionally regardless of the setting.
In addition to the items listed under Class B:
- 10th Waterloo Scouting Group neckerchief
This uniform class is for formal events, ceremonies and other Scouting events. For example:
investitures, award ceremonies, Group Banquet, etc. As with all classes of uniform, if a decision
is made to use this class of uniform for an event every effort will be made to communicate the
decision to all members equally.
The Class B uniform consists of the following components:
- Navy-blue dress paramedic uniform shirt
- Navy-blue paramedic/tactical pants with a horizontal 360° reflective striping
- Black belt; either a duty belt or black leather belt preferred
- Black safety boots; must be CSA approved green patch
- First Aid Kit; stocked to standards
- Long hair must be tied back while in uniform
- Navy-blue 1” binder with lined paper and your First Aid manual (brought to meetings)
- Winter touque; in navy-blue or florescent high visibility yellow (no logos)
- Baseball cap; in navy blue (no logos)
- Tilly style wide brimmed hat; in navy-blue or tan/neutral colour (no logos)
- Only approved wording on hats is “NAME”, “FIRST AID”, “MED VENT” or “MED ROVER”
- Med Vent/Med Rover photo ID; worn in a visible place
- Watch; which must be able to measure seconds
This uniform class is our most common uniform; we wear this for weekly meetings and many
first aid events. As with all classes of uniform, if a decision is made to use this class of uniform
for an event every effort will be made to communicate the decision to all members equally.
The Class C uniform consists of the Class B Uniform with the following change.
- Crested navy-blue golf shirt (replacing paramedic uniform shirt)
A Class D uniform, consists of the Class B Uniform with the following changes.
- The Shirt changes to one of the following:
- Navy-blue First Aid T-shirt; or plain navy-blue t-shirt
- Crested navy-blue Golf Shirt
- The Pants change to the following:
- Navy-blue shorts; cargo style preferred (basketball/sweat pant style shorts are not appropriate)
This uniform class is used in situations where the weather is too hot for a complete Class B
uniform. These are situations where the heat of the environment may endanger our member’s
health while on site. In these situations, the youth in charge for the event, in consultation with
the advisor in charge of the event may elect to substitute components of the uniform as
detailed above. Shorts and T-Shirt must be plain navy-blue and suitable to represent the
professionalism of the group, and the Region of Waterloo Paramedic Service. Shorts and T Shirts must never be other colours, and may not contain other insignia or other logos. As with
all classes of uniform, if a decision is made to use this class of uniform for an event every effort
will be made to communicate the decision to all members equally